Share | 

Nemesea "The Quiet Resistance"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jessica

PostSubject: Nemesea "The Quiet Resistance"   Tue May 07, 2013 5:27 am

Reviewed by Daniel Bear
3/25/2012
Symphonic Gothic Metal with varied influences.

Nemesea continue to evolve on The Quiet Resistance, exploring their many influences along the way. The music varies from track to track; you get Gothic Metal, Nu Metal, Industrial Metal and more. The downside to this is unless you have a very varied musical taste not every track is going to be to your personal taste and also the album doesn’t flow as well as it could. With those negatives out of the way, what you are left with is a collection of very catchy and enjoyable songs. The majority of songs are instantly accessible and will stick in your head, I find myself singing them in the shower (not something you want to hear trust me).

Fortunately for you Manda Ophuis does a far better job than me and delivers some truly beautiful vocals on this album. The lyrics are based on personal experiences and sung with great feeling; Manda sounds particularly touching on “If You Could” and the duet with Charlotte Wessels (Delain) works superbly. Other guests appear as well, Marcus Klavan and Matt Litwin (Bulletproof Messenger) on “It’s Over” and Heli Reissenweber (of Rammstein cover band Stahlzeit) on the bonus track “Allein”. You can tell a lot of love has gone into the composition of each song on this album and the production is very good indeed.

Track Listing
The Quiet Resistance
Caught In The Middle*
Afterlife*
Whenever
If You Could
High Enough*
Say
It’s Over
I Live
Stay With me
Rush
Release Me
Allein (Bonus Track)
*Personal Highlights

The Final Word
An extremely varied and often radio friendly album which at times is overly derivative, but don’t let that put you off, as there is some real gems on The Quiet Resistance.

Score: 3/5

*Signature made by me*

Back to top Go down

Nemesea "The Quiet Resistance"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Winter Storm USA :: Webzine :: Reviews-
Reply to topic