Lullacry "Where Angels Fear"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jessica

PostSubject: Lullacry "Where Angels Fear"   Tue May 07, 2013 5:24 am

Reviewed by Daniel Bear
4/10/2012
Melodic Heavy Metal

Back with their fifth album and their first since 2005’s ‘Vol.4’, ‘Where Angels Fear’ seems like a natural progression for Lullacry. ‘Vol.4’ was a move away from their gothic roots and this album is a step further away again. Heavier and more modern in sound and far more in the Melodic Metal camp than Gothic Metal, but it’s still thoroughly Lullacry.

Tanja Laino’s vocals range from soft and gentle the ballad ‘Stay’ to punk attitude ‘Bad Blood’ and dark and gothic ‘Gone Are the Days’. Sami and Sauli on guitars and Heavy and Jukka on bass and drums are all playing solidly during the course of ‘Where Angels Fear’, despite the long break.

Lullacry has a talent for coming up with catchy accessible tunes and they continue on this offering. This album is an improvement over ‘Vol.4’ with better production and a better overall sound to the music, more multi-layered and with a dark edge. There should be enough here to please their old following and generate some new fans too.

Track Listing
Antidote to You*
Still An Angel
Thousand Suns
Feel My Revenge
Bad Blood*
All Behind
Gone Are the Days*
I Am
Broken (Into Pieces)
Where Angels Fear
Stay
*Personal Highlights

The Final Word
A solid comeback for Lullacry, Melodic Metal with an edge and Lullacry’s unique catchiness.

Score 3.5/5

*Signature made by me*

Back to top Go down

Lullacry "Where Angels Fear"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1