Diabulus in Musica "The Wanderer"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jessica

PostSubject: Diabulus in Musica "The Wanderer"   Tue May 07, 2013 5:22 am

Reviewed by Daniel Bear
4/29/2012
Symphonic Metal

I must admit I arrived a little late to the party when it comes to DiM (Diabulus in Musica), until recently they had not registered on my list of bands to check out, how did I miss them? How?

It is an unfortunate fact of life that bands are constantly compared to others and DiM doesn’t bother to try to avoid this with their music, they are big fans of Epica and this shows. Fortunately I don’t care and neither should you, because they are bloody good.

Everything they do works and within their Epica blueprint they are finding themselves and eventually their own sound. While at times you could believe you were listening to Epica, there are moments that are purely DiM. All thisbeing said, I hope they take a step further with their next album and extend their sound further, but for now I love what they are doing.

The musicianship is of the highest quality, the songs are beautifully put together and the vocals are also top notch. Drummer Xabi Jareño and Alex Sanz on bass form a powerful foundation for the band, joined by Adrián M. Vallejo on guitar and Gorka Elso on keyboards. Vocalist Zuberoa Aznárez has to rate up there with some of the best and has great versatility. Aznárez is joined by guest vocalists Mark Jansen (Epica) and John Kelly (Elfenthal), choirs and orchestra are used to great effect.

Track Listing
A Journey’s End
Ex Nihilo
Sceneries of Hope
Blazing a Trail*
Call from a Rising Memory
Hidden Reality*
Shadow of the Throne*
Allegory of Faith, Innocence and Future
Sentenced to Life
Oihuka Bihotzetik
No Time for Repentance*
The Wanderer
*Personal Highlights

The Final Word
A great, must have album for any symphonic metal fan.

Score: 4.25/5

*Signature made by me*

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diabulus in Musica "The Wanderer"   Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:15 am

I did not much care for their previous album but this one I like. No Time for Repentance is a good song. I have never compared them to any other band.
Back to top Go down

Diabulus in Musica "The Wanderer"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1