Reply to topic
Share | 

Stream Of Passion - 'Darker Days'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jessica

PostSubject: Stream Of Passion - 'Darker Days'   Tue May 07, 2013 5:09 am

Review by Daniel Bear

It is an unfortunate fact that some bands run out of ideas, or settle for producing albums that sound just like the last one or just plain cease to progress. Stream Of Passion on the other hand is full of ideas and their music has progressed on each album. There are various influences to be found on Darker Days which makes each song a unique work of art. The songs all stand up well on their own as well as fitting the bigger picture of the album as a whole (no filler here). You can tell a lot of love and TLC has gone into the making of this album, it just oozes class.

This is not just another ‘by the numbers’ Symphonic Metal album, Darker Days is approaching the genre from a completely new angle. In what has become an extremely crowded field of music Stream Of Passion stand out from the rest. Firstly Marcela Bovio vocals are not your usual Symphonic Metal vocals, soft, emotive and passionate but powerful when called for, but it is less about belting it out and much more about you feeling the emotions, even when Marcela sings in Spanish you still feel you understand every word.

The music is also very impressive, whether taking a back seat to Marcela’s vocals, or pouring out of your speakers in a stream of passion. The drums and bass are solid and a driving undercurrent when called upon, which allows the two guitarists to build on, ramping up the emotion to even higher levels. Add in the beautifully played keys and symphonies and you get one of the most expressive albums I have had the pleasure of listening to.

Final Word

Listening to Darker Days is an experience, kind of like going to the opera and a review cannot do justice or get over to the reader just how damn good this album is.

Score 4.75/5

Stand Out Tracks: Lost, Reborn, The Scarlet Mask & Darker Days.

*Signature made by me*

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stream Of Passion - 'Darker Days'   Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:30 am

Good to see The Scarlet Mask is added as stand out track. One of my favorite songs.
Back to top Go down
AnneLumi

PostSubject: Re: Stream Of Passion - 'Darker Days'   Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:44 am

I'll try to listen to this album Razz

Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/littlelies_wot

Stream Of Passion - 'Darker Days'
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1