Winter Storm USA
Please login or register! Smile

HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Reply to topic
Share | 

Feb. 9th Concert + Club (Lacuna Coil & Avatar)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jessica

PostSubject: Feb. 9th Concert + Club (Lacuna Coil & Avatar)   Tue May 07, 2013 5:08 am

Reviewed by Jessica Clingempeel
Feb. 9th, 2013
*Scroll down for concert review*

Club Review

I went to see one of my favorite bands live at Phase 2 club, located in Lynchburg, VA. The exterior and interior of the place is nice, inside the restaurant and lounge area are very eloquently done, nothing compared to what it use to look like when once known as Cattle Annie's. The concert hall was good size, especially considering on the outside it does not look that big. However, with all that aside, the club proved to have its flaws.

From what I understood we were to wait outside or in the lounge, correction, what I was TOLD by one of the staff working the tickets. I sat in the lounge since I arrived at 3, hoping to be at the front row. There were more people coming in to have drinks at the bar or dinner so I stayed out of the way until people began lining up. I was happy to know even though a few people had gotten ahead of me in line, I was still at the front, so I thought.

The staff walked in and said whoever had eaten dinner could go on in. Many of the people in line began mumbling and getting pissed because none of us knew that those who ate dinner got to go on in early. We still had to wait for the doors to open at 6:30, even if we had our tickets in advance. After they began letting the diners through they told the rest of us we had to go out and wait at the front doors. As I walked out I saw a huge line had already formed. Chances of front row were looking very slim now and more and more people were getting very pissed at this point. No where did it say we had to wait at the front doors. No where did it say if we ate their food we were allowed early admission. So in line the conversation grew and the frustrations.

Finally I gave them my ticket and in a hurry went into the concert hall. My mood brightened when I saw I still got second row, but everyone was taller than me in the front row so I still did not have a good view. Another woman mentioned they should make the rows height wise, short in front and tall in back. That may not be a bad idea. After I was unable to see Lacuna Coil at all once a woman jumped in front of me, I left disappointed and pissed at the entire organization. I had asked a day in advance if there was a place for press to take photos. I was told no, yet seen many people in front of the fence taking photos. My cousin who was also with me, along with many others said the organization was bullshit, that they had been to many other clubs that were a lot better in handling things. I have to agree as I, myself, have been to other shows. The sad thing is they did not even recognize the color of my ticket and didn't think it was an actual ticket because mine was "green" and theirs are "red". With all that being said the ticket prices were decent so I cannot comaplain about that. Be sure to read my review on the band performances.

Overall: 2/5

*Notes* Things that were heard was by being a diner you had to show a receipt and you had to actually eat food, however one guy showed his receipt and all he had was a beer.

There were no signs for early admission, no signs showing where such and such person had to be, no signs of anything. Be sure if you go to this club to specifically ask, otherwise you're going to be in for a surprise.

Concert Review

On Feb. 9th, 2013, I was thrilled to go to a concert featuring Sevendust, Lacuna Coil, Avatar and Faultline. I purchased tickets more than a month in advance and spent the time waiting by checking out the other bands I had never heard before. Avatar was one; I found myself admiring their music and style. I became very anxious to see them perform along with Lacuna Coil.

Tonight was the night! I took all of my Lacuna Coil booklets out to be signed (if I happened to run into them that is,) along with Avatar's booklet; (yes, I had to buy the album). I arrived at the venue at 3 pm. The doors did not open until 6:30, but fortunately I was able to sit and wait in the lounge area.

6:30 finally came and I walked into the concert hall, and, unfortunately getting there at 3 and being one of the first to arrive, I did not get front row. (you will find out why in the club review). Another downer was the fact that I am a short person and everyone in the front row was so tall that my view was not a good one. The show finally started at 7:30, earlier than planned.

Faultline, a local Virginia band, was the first to play. Though I was not too crazy about them, they still put on a good show. I was not disappointed to say the least. Next up was one of the bands I was excited to see; Avatar, a Swedish metal band. I tried my best to snap some photos, but none came out great as people were in the way, but I was still happy with the performance, nonetheless. The setlist lasted longer than Faultline's, thankfully, as I couldn't get enough of Avatar. The lead singer is an insane, (in a good way), funny individual who loves to have fun as he clearly shows this with each song. There were no flaws in the vocals, instruments, performance, or even drinking.

After Avatar finished, which sadly I thought was too short of a perfromance, Lacuna Coil was next up, the band I had orginally came to see out of all of them. I cannot give a good review of this show as I was unable to see most of it. The first two performances from them were great. Cristina and Andrea as always gave their full personalities on stage making the audience rock. When the third song started playing a woman had rudely jumped her way in front of me and she knew she had done so as well. She had started out standing behind me and, inch after inch, she managed to make her way to the front. Once that had happened I was unable to see anything. I could only hear them. I stood there for that song and the next and finally departed from the crowd and walked to the back. I was very disappointed as I had never seen them live before and waited patiently to do so. The rest of the show with Lacuna Coil I was also only able to listen to.

Sevendust was the last band to perform; however, before they even started, I was too much in a hurry to get out of there. I went to the merchandise stand to see if Lacuna Coil were coming out to sign anything, but, unfortunately they were not coming out. I bought a tour t-shirt and moved on. I had seen the members of Avatar at their stand, but most members had went off to do other things; however, the bassist, Henrik, was still there. I was able to speak briefly to him, get his autograph and a photo. He told me the others were coming back after the Sevendust show, but I was not waiting around.

Faultline: 3.5/5
Lacuna Coil (of what I saw): 5/5
Sevendust: NA/5

*Signature made by me*

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feb. 9th Concert + Club (Lacuna Coil & Avatar)   Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:25 am

Damn sucks you had such a bad time because Lacuna Coil realy do put on some damn good shows. Sounds to me the venue sucks.
Back to top Go down
whatliesbeneath77
Reviewer

PostSubject: Re: Feb. 9th Concert + Club (Lacuna Coil & Avatar)   Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:17 pm

LMAO "Cattle Annie's." Sorry, I had to, lol. 

Serious note though, I agree that the venue sucks. 

I also remember that you contacted them on Facebook.. did you ever get a response from them about it? At the very least, they could have refunded your ticket or something.
Back to top Go down
Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Feb. 9th Concert + Club (Lacuna Coil & Avatar)   Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:33 am

No, no response, that I remember anyways.  Hysterical

*Signature made by me*

Back to top Go down

Feb. 9th Concert + Club (Lacuna Coil & Avatar)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1