Share | 

Victoria Long

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jessica

PostSubject: Victoria Long   Tue May 07, 2013 4:57 am

Interviewed by Jessica Clingempeel
Official Facebook

At what age did you feel music was your calling?

I was around the age of 13 or so, just starting out in middle school choir! I actually used to hate music back in elementary school (though I loved ringing the hand bells). The learning didn't fascinate me at all and it felt very forced. It really wasn't until high school that I began to take music seriously, and that's when I was most involved with my musical side. So I guess it was really around the age of 15 or 16.

What or who inspired you to go into music?

Nightwish, most specifically Tarja Turunen. I first heard songs off of “Once”, and Ghost Love Score was my first Nightwish song. After hearing her voice and the music there was nothing I wanted more than to be able to sing like her and share my own music with the world. So Tarja is a huge inspiration for me.

Do you compose your own songs?

I do. They're not all metal, though. I've lately been writing a lot of more atmospheric-type songs, music like you would hear from A Fine Frenzy (Alison Sudol).

Have you gone through any training for music and vocals?

I've only ever done choir (middle school, Treble for a year, then Chamber for three years) and private piano lessons for one summer.

Besides singing, are there any other instruments you can play?

Piano, guitar, and violin. Granted I can barely play the violin but I did learn a song from The Two Towers on it!

Are there any you would love to learn?

Piano gives me a hard enough time as it is, but if I could learn any other instruments it would probably be an accordion! Those are fascinating.

What style of music do you want to do or do you have no preference?

I would really enjoy performing in a big jazz band group. I think that would be one of the funnest things in the world.

When can we expect to hear some songs from "Infliction"?

I'm hoping towards early to mid summer. I'm still looking for ways to best record the music, but I do have a lot of material written and ready to record.

Are they cover songs or songs you've composed?

Maybe one cover song, but mostly original material.

When do you expect a release of an EP?

As stated earlier, hopefully early to mid summer. I'm not sure yet if the title will still be kept “Infliction”, considering a lot of the songs are really light, but still have quite some depth to them. So maybe it'll be one of those strange “make-what-you-think-of-it” titles.

Besides music, what are some other things you would like to do with your life?

To be an astronomer or a journalist. I love space and find myself loving it more and more. It would be great to combine the two though, like if I could write articles about my discoveries and publish them in a really popular newspaper. That would be so cool.

Who are some artists you would love to someday do a duet with?

Simone Simons, hands down! I can already sing like her, so I would really love to perform...well, anything with her. Mainly a song where we have to belt it a lot. I think sharing the stage with her would just be incredible.

Are you a one 'woman' band or do you have some mates playing alongside you?

I would like to work with others but I set standards so high for myself I have no idea if anyone else should work with me! I'm a huge perfectionist when it comes to my music, so I feel like I have to be in control of every aspect of it before I'm comfortable sharing it with anyone at all. That probably won't be good if I ever am in a band someday though.

What are some of your past times, besides music?

I read...a lot. I'm actually currently working on reading five different books right now, all about different things! How my brain can keep up with all this information at once I have no idea, but I'm really grateful to have the mind that I have.

What would you love to say to all your fans, friends and family?

A great big thank you for your patience and support. I know I'm not the most consistent with my music and I tend to change plans around a lot, so it must not be fun to keep up with. But I do like to think I have one of the most supportive families around. So thank you to everyone and I promise you will hear more original material soon.

*Signature made by me*

Back to top Go down

Victoria Long
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1