Share | 

Magica #1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jessica

PostSubject: Magica #1   Tue May 07, 2013 4:49 am

Interviewed by Jessica Clingempeel
Official Site

Overall, how long did it take to record "Dark Diary"?

Ana: Hello again Jessica!

We recorded "DD" in about 2 months of studio work , working only in the evenings , approx. 5 h/day.

Where was the album recorded and how did it go?

The album was tracked in Constata City near the Black Sea shore and it was mixed and mastered in Sweden by Ronny Milianovicz , a dude with a big experience, formed working with bands like Sinergy, Hammerfall, Paradise Lost, Amon Amarth and many more.

Were there any tough times during recordings?

Hmm, not really. The only tough times were synchronizing the schedules of each other because we all have daily jobs and sometimes it's hard to get together. That's why we had to work in the evenings , after jobs ended.

Were there any guests featured on this album as far as instruments go?

There is a single guest doing a solo on "My Kin..." His name is Cristian Broasca and is a friend of ours from another band called MadDriven.

Who produced the album?

If you're thinking about financial support and distribution ..The same guys that did "Hereafter" and "Wolves and Witches"; AFM Records Germany.

Was the lyric writing a group effort for this album or who was the main writer?

Main song writer and Lyrics : Costea Bogdan.

Did anything inspire the new album "Dark Diary" and how has the past albums affected this one?

Bogdan worked with a friend of ours, Ioana Dorojan, a young aspiring writer , and they set up the actual "Dark Diary" that you can read on the booklet and the full version on our webpage. That was the starting point.

Do you feel that "Dark Diary" is the best album thus far or do you wish you could have done anything different?

I hope it is the best album so far otherwise it would mean that we're not improving ourselves and that would be a little sad. I think the album is 99% to what I had in mind. After you finish some work you will always find little things that could have been done differently, but that will not necessarily make that work better .

I will not start explaining each song in particular because that's exactly why we did the Written "Dark Diary" The whole album reflects this girl's inner turmoil and her struggle with today's rotten society and way of thinking, so the best way to understand the song is to read the actual Diary.

Do any of your songs hold a personal significance to you?

All of them do. This album is not so much of a fantasy like we use to do in the past. This has a more deeper meaning and often personal. You can read between the lines in the Diary. You can also listen to it because we have recorded a audiobook for it that is available only on the digital version of the album. you can download it..

Who came up with the artwork of the cover? Is there any special meaning to it?

Bogdan came up with the idea for the cover and after that he presented it to JP Fournier who did the drawing. It came out great!

What do you want your fans to take away from this album?

The most important thing is that they will be listening to sincere music that came from the heart and not any other possible reasons.

What about touring, where and when will one start?

This is a matter where we have some problems indeed. Because we live in the eastern part of Europe, we are kinda away from the center of the action and we do not have the same possibilities like other bands of the genre to go out and play. It is pretty expensive for a band that does not really make money from the records they make to go on tour on their own. We really need a booking agency to set up things for us. So far we did not find anyone willing to take on that job. We hope to find it as soon as possible because we are really eager to go and play all over the place.

Any side projects going on with any member of the band?

Bogdan & Hertz have this band called MadDriven. And besides that we're always starting different projects and ideeas to see what gets hold of us

Any last words for the fans?

Thanks for the interest, feel free to visit www.metalmagica.ro and www.myspace.com/magicaband . Horns UP !

*Signature made by me*

Last edited by Jessica on Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Simona Mihalca

PostSubject: Re: Magica #1   Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:39 am

Wow, interview with Magica <3 I love them. They are a Romanian band and so cute and friends with people on facebook and talking to them. we have some friends in common and now I am fangirling
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Magica #1   Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:54 am

Nice interview.
Back to top Go down

Magica #1
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Winter Storm USA :: Webzine :: Interviews-
Reply to topic