Share | 

Monika Pedersen Interview

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jessica

PostSubject: Monika Pedersen Interview   Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:22 am

Interviewed by Joshua Becker, Brian Kelman, and Rick Langerack
6/30/2016

What process led you to join Sirenia for "Nine Destinies and a Downfall"?
I was looking for a new band since my old band Sinphonia broke up. So I saw that they were looking for a singer, and I went to audition, and they chose me.

Concerning your departure from Sirenia, it was cited there were “creative differences” in many news and media.
Would it be possible for you to elaborate for the fans as to the reason in detail?
Actually you can read the whole story here on my blog: http://monikapedersen.com/199/
Here you will get the answer on your question 

Given these details, would you still want your old fans to still support the band?
Yes I will. And Ailyn is a great person and a great singer. 

Did you grow up in a musical family?
No not really. 

When did you begin singing and when did you realize you wanted to be a singer for a career?
I started when I was about 10 years old, and after a few years I knew that I would like to sing forever. 

What formal training have you received and if yes, is that formal training still continuing? 
I have had a thousands of different singing teachers through the years. So yes 

What singers have influenced you the most and in what way have they been influential?
Anneke from the Gathering. She has a wonderful voice. Also a lot of male singers with their deep voices. I love that And opera singers. 

What about the music industry have you enjoyed the most?
The festivals for sure. And concerts. I love going to concerts, and festivals was a big part of my life when I was younger. I went to Wacken in Germany 11 times;)

What about the music industry have you found to be the most unpleasant aspect?
When you can feel that it sometimes only is about the money. When people forget the real music and thinks about money and looks. 

Your Wikipedia article lists 'painter' as an occupation. What subjects do you paint? Do you have a link to a site where we can see your art?
Yes I love to paint and I have sold a lot. Just let me know it you want to buy. Hehe. You can follow me and see all my paintings on my Facebook art page here: 
https://www.facebook.com/Monikapedersenart/

According to your website, you have since joined a new band called “The World State.” How did this come about, and where can fans of yours listen to music from them?
The guy behind the World State is a very old friend of mine, and we have had plans for years about making music together. So it cam very natural. 

Considering there are a lot of new bands since 2010 and even in The Netherlands there are plenty of bands, what are your thoughts and opinions of the new age of symphonic/progressive rock/metal?
I have to admit that I can’t say that, cause I am not following the new scene that much anymore. I still enjoy music and concerts, but I am mostly listening to bands I always have listened to. And also a lot of indie bands. 

Aside from prog/symphonic, what is your other favorite genre of music?
Indie and classic.

At the end of an interview, I always love to ask this: what would you like to say to your fans? Both your fans of your paintings, as well as your past and present musical career?
I would like to say that I am so thrilled that so many people are following me. You give me energy and happiness. 

We really appreciate your taking the time to complete this interview for us. We were so excited to hear from you. 
Thank you too My pleasure.

*Signature made by me*

Back to top Go down
beekay
Reviewer

PostSubject: Re: Monika Pedersen Interview   Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:52 am

Good to find out why she left Sirenia....Not the 'musical difference' I expected...Cool art too.

Monika Pedersen Interview
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1