Share | 

Tarja's "Innocence" Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jessica

PostSubject: Tarja's "Innocence" Review   Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:53 am

Reviewed by Jessica Clingempeel
6/16/2016

First, let me just say, anyone who does not like this song I really encourage you to go get your hearing checked. Seriously, something is wrong with your hearing if you like nothing about this song. Now with that out of the way, let’s get to this amazing song.

“Innocence,” which is the first track from Tarja’s upcoming release The Shadow Self is an epic song. It starts off with pianos and is then followed by drums and guitars that seem to mesh well together. I would say that the song has an eerie feel to it, but one that we can all enjoy. Tarja uses a softer side of her voice in this song, but we do get the other side of her as well. You do not get bombarded with big operatic vocals, which for those who are not into that will enjoy, but I am a huge fan of operatic vocals so I wouldn’t care either way.

There is a break in the song where we get an epic piano solo along with Tarja in the background. This has got to be one of my favorite parts of the entire song because it feels surreal.

There is really no flaw to this song and many may say I am just biased because it is Tarja, but I am being serious. There is something for everyone to enjoy be it hard rock fans, symphonic metal fans, opera fans, or the metal heads. After hearing The Brightest Void and this song, I believe we are going to be awarded with an epic album. This may be Tarja’s best work yet and I believe she will definitely bring in an even bigger fan base.

Inside of me 
Doors will stay open 
A thousand lives to live 
Waiting like universes do without an end

Be sure to follow her, if you’re not already. Her tour has already kicked off and she will present both albums, prequel The Brightest Void (June 3rd) and The Shadow Self (August 5th) in her shows. The Brightest Void can be streamed right now on Apple Music and purchased!

Pros:
Epic piano playing
Epic guitars
Epic vocals
Epic lyrics
Epic epicness

Cons:
Not long enough!

Overall Rating: 5/5

*Signature made by me*

Back to top Go down

Tarja's "Innocence" Review