HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Reply to topic
Share | 

Leah

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Greywoolfe

PostSubject: Leah   Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:47 pm

As I mentioned in the 'CDs you just bought' thread, I recently got hold of three CDs by this lady, along with the two most recent ones from Nightwish. Since then, I've had her albums on a constant loop- I absolutely love them! So far she's done only three- Of Earth And Angels, Otherworld EP, and Kings & Queens. Vocally, she sounds a bit like Charlotte Wessels from Delain, and the music is symphonic metal with a strong Celtic influence; imagine Enya style harmonies and harps with guitars that wouldn't sound out of place on a Lacuna Coil or Poisonblack album. The band centres around the vocalist, a Canadian lady by the name of Leah McHenry. Anyone else a fan of this band?

PostSubject: Re: Leah   Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:42 am

That sounds really good. Better than good. Sounds even better than Charlotte to be honest. I'll check this out more thoroughly in the future. Thanks Greywoolfe!

PostSubject: Re: Leah   Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:02 pm

I've just recently discovered them as well, by doing the Google Play/Amazon recommendations-thing.  I like the Celtic sound.  I'm going to make an effort to listen them a bit more thoroughly.  I have also recently discovered The Murder Of My Sweet.  I love their sound--very heavy, but a bit poppy.  It's fun stuff to listen to.
Back to top Go down

Leah
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1