Share | 

Sage4

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jessica

PostSubject: Sage4   Tue May 07, 2013 4:43 am

Interviewed by Joshua Becker
Official Site

I can't seem to find on your website or Myspace, but are you a signed band?

We've been lucky to achieve as much success as we have completely on our own!

Who or what influenced your decision to enter into the metal/gothic metal genre?

In one word- Metallica! I heard their music and there was no other possible musical direction to take after that.

Before you started this band, were there any preconceived notions about how fans or critics would react to your music?

We honestly just write music that we love. We try to express ourselves in the most pure and true way possible, because no matter what you do in life, music or otherwise, there will always be people that love it, hate it or are indifferent to it. You can't worry about what anyone else thinks; you have to trust your own instincts and do what makes you happy in life. Use any negativity as fuel for your success.

What does it feel like to be on the Fuse T.V. network for your music video "Steal My Thunder"?

When they originally aired our first music video "Everyone's A Hypocrite" on Fuse TV's Fuse Music Loop and then aired our second video "Steal My Thunder" too, we were beyond excited! It's such a rare opportunity for an underground band like us and we hope that other networks start to follow in their footsteps. There is a lot of amazing underground music that deserves to be heard.

How did you manage to get your music to be sold in Hot Topic stores?

Hot Topic had a National Battle of the Bands a few years ago and we ended up winning the whole thing! So, we have been touring Hot Topic stores all over performing In-store sets. At the shows, you can get special deals on our CDs and merch, so keep checking our website below to see when we will be touring near you:

http/sage4.com/shows/

What are some things as a band, that make you unique to the metal industry? I mean, what, if applicable sets you apart from the rest of the metal genre?

While we do consider ourselves to be a melodic metal band, we combine elements from a lot of other genres, like gothic, progressive, alternative and hard rock, to make our own distinct sound. People definitely have a hard time directly comparing us to other bands, which we consider a compliment to our unique sound and style.

Do you have any hidden talents, irrational fears, etc?

Most people are surprised to find out that I love to play poker. My winnings have definitely helped fund a lot of SAGE4 expenses for sure. As for irrational fears, I have gone sky-diving before without any hesitation, but if a bee flies anywhere near me, I will run away flailing my arms like a 6 year old- definitely an irrational (and embarrassing) fear, haha!

What do you hope your music gives the fans?

We put so much of ourselves into every aspect from the music and lyrics to the art concepts and video concepts, that we hope true music fans keep finding different nuances to every part of what we do. We have always had our own specific vision for what we do and hope that it means as much to the fans as it does to us.

What is the concept behind the song "Steal My Thunder"?

Tracey: I always like to have people form their own opinions regarding what the songs are about and mean to them. I don't want my own idea to stifle someone else's interpretation of the song, but I think most people have had a "Steal My Thunder" type experience before.

The title of your band "SAGE4", is that named so because of your last name and 4 band members, or is there another reason behind it?

Yeah, that's pretty much it! We had the hardest time coming up with serious band names. There are so many cool meanings to the word SAGE that fit with the mood of our music that SAGE (and eventually SAGE4) became the best choice for us.

Is your singing voice synthesized or normal?

It's just my natural singing voice. For certain songs on our CD when the mood calls for it, we'll use the occasional vocal effect, like a flange or delay, but mostly it's just natural.

What is the inspiration for the album "Graves"?

I write about whatever I'm going through at the time and I basically use writing as my release, so that's why the songs tend to be on the darker, more introspective side. The songs on "Graves" are definitely no exception!

What is your religion or practicing faith?

We've got a song that will be on our next CD called "The Unknown" that pretty much sums up how I feel. But I don't judge anyone for their own beliefs. Again, everyone needs to do what makes them happy without worrying about what anyone else thinks.

Is there one place in the world you would love to travel, or have traveled before that you wish to go back to?

One of the most amazing aspects of touring is getting to see so many different people and places that I would never get to otherwise. I absolutely love to travel and hope we get to tour all over the world. As for a specific place, I would love to go to Egypt one day.

When and how was "SAGE4" formed?

You know, I don't even remember the specific point in time when it "officially" started. Initially, Mike started taking my poems and putting them to his music. It just took on a life of its own, eventually becoming SAGE4 and the rest, as they say, is history!

*Signature made by me*

Back to top Go down

Sage4
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Winter Storm USA :: Webzine :: Interviews-
Reply to topic