Share | 

Tarja's "Luna Park Ride"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jessica

PostSubject: Tarja's "Luna Park Ride"   Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:37 am

Reviewed by Jessica Clingempeel
6/6/2015

The awaited “Luna Park Ride” has finally released and my expectations were met. I already had the chance to view the main concert (Luna Park Ride) on my copy of “ACT I” media book. “Luna Park Ride” is a concert filmed entirely by fans. This gives a feel of actually being there. There were some who liked the idea of using fan footage and, of course, there were some who didn't. Some people appreciate only professionalism, I guess. Anyways, I encourage Tarja to go this route more often in the future. Maybe not the main concert, such as “ACT II”, as I do appreciate some professionalism, but bonus content. Speaking of “ACT II”, I am anxious for this now. ^_^

There are really no complaints, at all, about this DVD. There was one pet peeve, but I just don’t like the word due to religiousness (is that even a word? Oh well.) I understand it was the spur of the moment though and it will not make me stop supporting Tarja and loving Tarja. I just hope I don't have to hear it on all releases. Razz No matter, let’s move on to the content of the DVD/Blu-ray.

The main show is just extraordinary. Tarja, I find, is the only artist whose albums and concerts I will watch/listen to all the way through. Others I'll find myself skipping some songs. As I said, the concert was filmed completely by the fans with an exception of the audio being professionally done. You can tell they had a lot of work to do to mesh all the clips together to match up with everything.

The bonus content exceeded beyond my expectations. I find myself loving the Summerbreeze 2014 content the most. Tarja really put on a performance and included the audience by engaging and filming them. Again, there were some who found her holding the camera and filming pointless, but I appreciated it. Instead of the cameras being focused on Tarja completely, she also included the fans, the power behind what motivates her and keeps her going. Her take on “Damned & Divine” in the bonus content was also the best yet. I loved how she interpreted this live, better than the studio version!

Without drawing this review on for days, I will end this with, GET IT NOW! You will not be disappointed. I cannot wait for the next release, which I hope to hear about “soon”. Look out for news about her upcoming releases; “Ave Maria En Plein Air,” and her forthcoming rock album. You can order "Luna Park Ride" now on: 2 CD/DVD/BLU-RAY/VINYL. Go to: http://www.tarja-lunaparkride.com

Overall rating: 5/5

I wanted to add a note here since some people got confused or did not understand about the problem with a word usage I had. It is nothing against Tarja, I just don't like the word she chose to use during "Die Alive" on the Summerbreeze 2014 bonus content. Many religions are against the use of that word. Again, nothing against Tarja. She has every right to say whatever she wants as I have the right to not like it. There are just some things some people do not like. Some do not like cursing at all. It's ok. Wink I hope, apart from that, everyone enjoys my review. I truly did love the DVD. I love everything Tarja releases. I cannot wait for future releases.

"I am a lady, not a rock bitch." -Tarja

*Signature made by me*

Last edited by Jessica on Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:41 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
whatliesbeneath77
Reviewer

PostSubject: Re: Tarja's "Luna Park Ride"   Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:48 am

Good review! For those unaware of what word is being messaged, as a Christian, Jess cannot say it or type it even as it is very blasphemous to her religion. 
The word in question is: "god damn.
Back to top Go down
EuphoricThunder

PostSubject: Re: Tarja's "Luna Park Ride"   Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:59 am

Cool Kool Review,you got good way of writting and so keep it up lmao Razz

PostSubject: Re: Tarja's "Luna Park Ride"   Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:23 pm

damn good review. makes me want this dvd even more now

don't worry about the word usage and what others might think. I understand your reasoning and respect that. you didn't bash Tarja or anyone else. you respectively gave your opinion and still support Tarja. you were not even judging

PostSubject: Re: Tarja's "Luna Park Ride"   Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:32 pm

Thanks for this review. It was well written. I do not like the word either so it's ok. Wink

PostSubject: Re: Tarja's "Luna Park Ride"   Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:01 pm

I agree with others here, this is a really nice review. Whilst I am not usually bothered by the word choice Tarja used, I understand what you're saying. I also appreciate the fact that you are willing to voice your opinions no matter the person. Most others would not speak up in fear of pissing off their favourite artists. I have a lot of respect for you and the fact that you voiced your opinions in a respectable manner. Tarja will appreciate that, I think. Smile

And you're right, some people do not like cursing at all. Looking forward to reading more from you. I will be picking up a copy of this DVD thanks to your review.
Back to top Go down
Venturajt

PostSubject: Re: Tarja's "Luna Park Ride"   Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:42 pm

Thanks for the review, Jess.  Any idea if/when she will release a Blu-ray for Region A/1 (the Americas, Etc.)?
Back to top Go down
stevo

PostSubject: Re: Tarja's "Luna Park Ride"   Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:31 pm

Excellent review. I've seen many of the luna park songs on YouTube and I know they are going to be awesome on dvd. I'll be buying it this month.
Back to top Go down
Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Tarja's "Luna Park Ride"   Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:34 pm

Luna Park Ride releases in N.A. June 26th.

*Signature made by me*

Back to top Go down
stevo

PostSubject: Re: Tarja's "Luna Park Ride"   Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:56 pm

Just received the LPR DVD, it looks great on the big screen. One of my favorite things about the concert is Tarja performing The Crying Moon, it is an awesome song and I'm glad it was included on the set list. In for a Kill and Crimson Deep are some of my other favorites as well. It was a great idea to include the other locations for the bonus material.

Last edited by stevo on Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stefan2k4

PostSubject: Re: Tarja's "Luna Park Ride"   Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:00 am

@Venturajt wrote:
Thanks for the review, Jess.  Any idea if/when she will release a Blu-ray for Region A/1 (the Americas, Etc.)?

The blu-ray is all regions A, B, & C. The video is 29.97fps or NTSC. So, you should have no trouble.
Back to top Go down

Tarja's "Luna Park Ride"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1