PostSubject: Science   Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:50 am

First topic message reminder :

How big are you into science?
Anyone here who "doesn't believe in science?"
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Science   Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:14 am

I cannot believe in most science. I find more understanding from the Bible and I find that most answers there make more sense. Most science is based only on theories and we know what the definition of theory is. There is no actual fact in science. Any man can say this or that, does not make it fact. I can say the universe was created by a fart, does it make it true? Afterall, the Big Bang claims to be caused by an explosion.

Also, Christianity isn't really a Religion. Religion is manmade. The Bible never claims it to be Religion, but more of a relationship with God and a way of life.

And as for those who only believe in Science or atheists: how can someone believe that all of this came from nothing and we must live this life, which for many can be really crappy, and then after death there is nothing, but death. That sounds like a miserable life to me. I simply cannot and refuse to believe in atheism. I don't have enough faith for that. The reason I did bring up atheism is for the simple fact most believe in Science and will try and use Science to destroy Religion. I rather live my life believing there is a God and to find out there isn't than to live not believing there is a God to die and find out there was. Because if I am wrong then nothing happens to me, right? But if I live not believing and the Bible and God were true, guess what happens? Only good comes out of believing, bad comes when not believing so why is it such a big deal for Christians to be Christians? *shrugs* I will never understand that concept.

*Signature made by me*

Back to top Go down
beckylulu

PostSubject: Re: Science   Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:43 am

usually the bible is unsatisfactory to some because they do not want to change their lifestyle or be guilty of the things they do.

PostSubject: Re: Science   Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:23 pm

Or because it is full of made up fantastical stories that we are told to believe in without question.
Back to top Go down
Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Science   Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:19 am

You assume it is made up. Assumptions make no facts. You have no proof God doesn't exist, just like I really have no proof He does which is why my belief is based on faith. It is your choice if you believe or not. God did give free will. No where does it say you must believe without question. Smile

*Signature made by me*

Back to top Go down
Venturajt

PostSubject: Re: Science   Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:19 pm

First, I do hope my prior post was not what generated the Forum warning.  I wanted to present a dissenting point of view, but it is difficult not to upset someone in a topic such as this.  You may not agree with the content of my post but I would not classify it as objectionable in any way.  You did ask for more activity on the forums, didn't you?  Wink

To say: "There is no actual fact in science" in a conversation comparing science it to religion strikes me, a bit, as the pot calling the kettle black.  It’s a very arbitrary way of putting science on the same conceptual terms as religion so that you can dismiss it.  It’s also very incorrect.  You may choose to believe there are no facts in science, but you sound like you are closing your eyes to the real world when you do so.  

If there are no facts in science, do facts exist anywhere?  If you don’t believe in some science, how are you able to post your views on a computer that transfers that information across a wireless network to the rest of the world?  At least science allows itself to be studied and disproven in the name of progress.  Most religion is not that open-minded or tolerant of opposing points of view.  And I think that was part of my original point.  My father-in-law was thrown out of seminary school for asking too many questions.  He went on to study in Jerusalem and Oxford and taught an extremely successful course at the University of Cincinnati that studies the bible as a work of literature.  I don’t believe anything should be held up as being above questioning. 

Clearly, there are many religions that exist in the world.  Not all of them can be the truth.  They are all created by man to promote a series of values.  As you accurately state, they do not prove that god exists.  Only that we want god to exist.  The world can be a very bleak place.  Death, even bleaker (a point you made as well).  I think we all hope for something better after life.

However, I gravitate toward science as it is something that can be measured and proven or disproven (for the most part).  It is real.  And I would rather put my faith in something I can see and touch than in something I cannot.  I believe in keeping an open mind on most things, god included.  If there is a god, I would assume he would be powerful enough to direct everything that happens in the universe.  Consequently he must have created all these religions as well as agnostics and atheists.  If I am skeptical of the stories in the Bible, how do I know that this is not God's plan for me?  

We choose to believe in what we want to.  We always have and always will.  Thankfully, we have the freedom to do so.

By the way, I like Tarja.   Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Science   Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:40 pm

No, I did not put that message up because of you at all. I figured I should because I know how some people can get. lol

I never said I didn't believe in all science. When I was talking about science I was mainly referring to Evolution and the Big Bang Theory, which I do not believe nor support. I do believe in some science. Not all are based on just theories. What I also said is that "a lot" of science IS based on theories and sciece will state that. The Big Bang is called a theory afterall. So it cannot be considered 100% actual fact.

I do understand there are many Religions and how it can be hard for some to believe in. I have read the Bible, I have seen prophecies of the Bible being fulfilled, I think, in my opinion, that the Bible makes a lot more sense, to me, than other Religions and Science. The things happening around the world now is everything Revelations said would happen.

I have posted before that Christianity was never meant to be Religion, but more of a relationship with God, the God of the Bible that is. Men put the Religion tag on it, especially since a lot more was made.

As a Christian who does believe in God I can tell you that yes, he did create atheists and agnostics. No, he did not create them to follow that path. That is a path they choose to follow. He created us all and gave us knowledge and understanding and free will. If we do not believe in Him and do not become saved we will not inherit his kingdom which the Bible clearly states. Maybe Christianity is all made up, but I am going to choose to follow it because if it ends up being true and I don't, well the Bible clearly states I am going to Hell. I rather believe in Heaven. I have gone through enough Hell on this earth so Heaven sounds like a better [;ace and a great place to be and if it is true then this Hell on earth was worth it, to me.

Like I said though, to each their own. Some will follow Christianity, some will follow buddhism and some will follow nothing at all. Smile Your last post did come off as a little disrespecting because you shouldn't claim something as fairy tales without actually having fact. Even Science as yet to disprove Christianity. Wink

*Signature made by me*

Back to top Go down
Venturajt

PostSubject: Re: Science   Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:02 pm

I realize, now that I look again at my prior post, that the words "made up" were not meant to be in the sentence.  Even as a skeptic, I understand that much of the bible is based upon historical events.

However, there are some stories that do require quite a bit faith to believe in!  I'm just not there.  Perhaps someday, I will be.  In the meanwhile, I do not feel that I am a lesser person for not believing.  I have overcome some crap in my life, too.  I just haven't needed god to do it (that I know of . . . Wink).

I do hope that life on this earth has improved, a bit, for you over time, too!
Back to top Go down
Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Science   Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:38 pm

I can understand some stories being hard to believe. I, myself, question the Bible sometimes. In fact, most Christians do. That is why it is strongly based on faith.

I can give a testimony of things I have had to endure or witness others in my family, who are also Christians, endure, but I feel right now I would have to get to know you a bit more. Lets just leave it at physical, mental, emotional and sexual abuse. Yes, things have gotten a lot better for me, especially since my faith has grown. There are still some arseholes in my life, but ignoring them can go along way. I also suffer from depression and bipolar which sometimes doesn't help things. I can get so emotional over nothing or even violent, but again since my faith has grown a lot over the past year I have felt a lot better. I am doing better health wise as well and losing weight. About 25 lbs so far to be exact. Smile

Try giving Christianity a chance and improving your faith, it may work. Now I am in no way forcing you to do anything. If you want to follow or not is your choice. I didn't always believe in God, trust me. Razz

Oh and in most history books you will also find Jesus was a real man who actually did what the Bible claims and how he was crucified. The only difference is history never claims he was actually the Son of God. So, in a way, that kind of proves the Bible too. That he did actually exist.

*Signature made by me*

Back to top Go down

Science
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Winter Storm USA :: Discussions :: Chat-
Reply to topic