Share | 

Tarja & Colours in the Dark

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jessica

PostSubject: Tarja & Colours in the Dark   Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:23 pm

Interviewed by Jessica Clingempeel
Please credit and link if using on other sites. Smile

First, Beauty and the Beat has come to an end, how was the touring?

It's been really wonderful to tour with this project. All the concerts have been success and the reception from our audiences has been amazing. We are really looking forward to continue these concerts in 2015. It is rather lot easier to tour only with few people around the world instead of touring with my rock band and many crew members. 

Can you tell us more about the DVD that is to come from this event? Any backstage footage, funny moments, etc? Where was it filmed and when can we expect its release?

We filmed this DVD in Zlin, Czech Rebublic. The planned release year is 2014 but we don't have still the concrete release plan. There's been too much going on lately on my career so I haven't had time to work on this DVD yet, 

Each album had a very interesting concept, especially when it came to the photo shoots. What was the inspiration behind Colours in the Dark?

My life in general, so you could understand that the new album is very personal to me. 

What gave you the idea to use holi paint and did you attend the Festival of Colours?

I saw some very strong and colorful images from the Holy Festival in internet and discovered the work of photographer Poras Chaudhary. Those photos were so inspiring that I wanted to work with him and create similar mood in my cover artwork and album booklet. I haven't been taking part of the festival itself. 

I know every song has a place in your heart, however which (from this album) holds the most meaning to you and why?

Mystique Voyage. This song tells about my journeys with music, Music has taken me to beautiful places in the world and I really appreciate the fact that I can enjoy my art today and be free. 

In regards to Lucid Dreamer, you said Naomi has a part in this song. What drove you to use her screams and what is the story behind it?

She was one day learning what is her real voice, trying out some screams and shouts so I decided to record her just for fun. At that time I didn't even think of using that recording to any of my songs, but then when I was working with "Lucid Dreamer" I remembered that recording and wanted to use it since it suited well for the idea of the song. 

I am curious as to why 'Into the Sun' was released as a digital download instead of a physical CD. Is there a reason for this?

That is the way we decided to do it with the record company. It is a song which was already released as a single in ACT I, so we thought that after I produced it again it was a nice way to get it done. 

The boxset is said to come with a code for two bonus download songs, as well as Into the Sun, will Witch-Hunt be one of those as it is a highly requested song? If not, will there be a chance that we will ever get a hold of a studio version?

I haven't still recorded studio version of "Witch Hunt",  but maybe I will one day, Who knows? 

Victim of Ritual had a very distinctive sound which may require several listens for the listener to get fully used to it. Will you be experimenting with your voice in other songs?

I always like to experiment with my voice in the studio. My voice has been changing radically throughout the years, so the work with it will hopefully never end. There is for example a cover song from Peter Gabriel on the album, called "Darkness" and in that song I sang with my straight speaking voice. I haven't recorded vocals like that since I was 12 years old. 

Have you ever thought of the idea of spraying your audience with coloured powder on this tour? 

I would never do so, because some people could really get offended by that. I hope that no one gets an idea to spray me during my shows, because that would be just a disaster. 

~~Just a few chosen questions from fans~~

Sahara: What was the most difficult song to compose/sing, and why?

I would say that the song "Deliverance" was not an easy song to write, because I was writing the music together with Jim Dooley and we did the song in distance. Also the production and singing itself was harder in this one, because the song has many different and complicated parts.

Bren: You have chosen to cover Peter Gabriel's 'Darkness', is there a special reason as to why?

I love his album "Up" that this song is taken. I also adore Peter Gabriel as an artist, so it took me a long time to get courage to cover one of his songs. I wanted this song sound like one of my own songs, so I was very careful in the production. 

Anna: Will you also be performing any with the paint on your face?

I haven't really been thinking too much yet about the touring even though I know that the tour will take me two complete years, Anyway I doubt that I will be using any color on my face, because it is not that easy to remove and I want to look "pretty" on stage Smile 

Ti Mo: Unrelated to the album, what are your thoughts on gay marriage?

Oh, I have gay friends, so I definitely believe that everybody should be able to get married the way they want. 

Joshua: What happened with the "Enough" video? I was curious as to why I saw you on a treadmill with a Coke bottle. 

There was a big delay in the video production so the record company at that time decided that the video was not needed anymore. That's why we never finished the video. 

*Signature made by me*

Back to top Go down
Simona Mihalca

PostSubject: Re: Tarja & Colours in the Dark   Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:28 pm

Awesome interview! Congrats
Back to top Go down
Nini Gvaladze

PostSubject: Re: Tarja & Colours in the Dark   Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:31 am

"I want to look "pretty" on stage"   Very Happy  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://tarjageorgia.webstarts.com/

PostSubject: Re: Tarja & Colours in the Dark   Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:02 am