Reply to topic
Share | 

Tarja's 'Victim of Ritual'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jessica

PostSubject: Tarja's 'Victim of Ritual'   Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:21 am

Reviewed by Jessica Clingempeel

As the song begins playing you instantly feel as if you're heading to war with the beating of the drums. About mid-way through the intro you begin to get a Middle Eastern feel into the style of music. Not even a full minute into the song and you are already being taken on a journey. It is amazing what only an intro can do to you. Smile

Then the siren, herself, begins singing and the song gets hard. It is hard to really interpret what she is feeling or thinking in this song. So many thoughts come to mind when listening to the lyrics. Who exactly is the victim here and what are they a victim of? The lyrics are dark, yet powerful. So much emotion was poured into this song. The journey is everlasting and even when the song ends you still want more and need more. Maybe we get more of that story with the rest of the album. Wink 

There is not one negative thing I can say about Victim of Ritual. Some may say I am biased because Tarja is my favorite singer, but that isn't it at all. There is really not one bad thing about this song. It took more than one listen to fully appreciate it as Tarja does play around with her voice some. The song instantly reminded me a lot of Anteroom of Death from her previous album, What Lies Beneath. Everything is flawless; from the lyrics, to Tarja's voice to the instruments. Once again rock and classical styles are mixed well together. 

I would also like to point out that this single has three other tracks in addition to Victim of Ritual. A demo version of Victim of Ritual, which to me is as perfect as the final version and two live tracks, "I Walk Alone" and "Underneath", both recorded at Luna Park. Both performances are flawless, in fact my favorites as far as live recordings go which I usually do not listen to very often, of any band.

Overall Rating: 5/5

How did you end up in hell?
Hysterical, tragical
V
ictim of ritual
Cynical, critical
Victim of ritual
She’s a killer, killer
She’s a killer, killer 

-Excerpt of ‘Victim Of Ritual’

*Signature made by me*

Last edited by Daenerys on Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:57 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sparky311

PostSubject: Re: Tarja's 'Victim of Ritual'   Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:37 pm

Hmm...yes, you are biased, but that's ONLY because she's one of the best singers around today. Smile

It's actually funny - I was on YouTube and a few other sites this morning that had leaks of songs and a few that actually leaked the entire album...and BOY was I tempted...but better upbringing prevailed and I'll just wait until my preorder arrives. Wink 

But I'm still jealous...
Back to top Go down
AnneLumi

PostSubject: Re: Tarja's 'Victim of Ritual'   Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:54 pm

Nice review. Thanks!

Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/littlelies_wot
Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Tarja's 'Victim of Ritual'   Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:36 pm

If you mean the so called album leak on youtube, no that is fake. If you mean the two album torrents from piratebay, those are also fakes.

*Signature made by me*

Back to top Go down
Sparky311

PostSubject: Re: Tarja's 'Victim of Ritual'   Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:54 pm

I feel better now that I didn't waste the time. Smile
Back to top Go down
Morrigan

PostSubject: Re: Tarja's 'Victim of Ritual'   Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:25 am

Great review!! I think Victim of Ritual is my favorite song of Tarja:) I love the "how. did. you. end. up. in. hell." part Razz 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tarja's 'Victim of Ritual'   Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:03 am

This is a really good review. I love this song. Tarja has risen to my top favorite again.
Back to top Go down
Simona Mihalca

PostSubject: Re: Tarja's 'Victim of Ritual'   Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:10 pm

I think putting Bolero there was just perfect.Other than that, spectacular review
Back to top Go down

Tarja's 'Victim of Ritual'
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1