Jessica

PostSubject: Introduce Yourself   Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

Let us know who you are. Smile
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Simona Mihalca

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:02 am

Hi! So I'm Simona (I made a lame username but this way people who know me from facebook know who I am). I'm from Romania. Yeay! We're pretty cool. We're just now waiting for October 2014 ... which is a long way to go, but yes, that is the date for the next Tarja concert.

I have just graduated high school and will study informatics. I am the only one around here who isn't fascinated by foreign languages since that is something I am not good at. After having studied German for 8 years I can barely say my name (well, not really... but I am no good at it). I do understand bits of French and Spanish (which comes in handy because so many people who speak Spanish in this fandom and so many pages like this).

And if any of you are on tumblr, you might actually know me better: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:17 am

Welcome Simona! I am not good at foreign languages either. Mostly because I am lazy and do not take the time out to practice. Fortunately, unlike many people, I can roll my Rs which is a must in several languages I want to learn. I am finally starting to say Tarja's name right. For some reason I am able to roll my Rs good in most words, but not her name. O.o Quite strange...anyways ranting over...lol

I have seen your tumblr before. Smile [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

*Signature made by me*

Back to top Go down
Simona Mihalca

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:33 am

For us it seems something natural and it's funny to see people calling her Tarha Smile) But she got used to it. Well, people who read her name in Romanian and don't know the proper reading are reading it a bit different but I cannot find a word in english that has that sound.

oh, yeay! I am big and evil ;Wink
Back to top Go down
beekay
Reviewer

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:11 pm

Welcome one and all Smile

The Scots can roll their R's and fortunately for me I'm Scottish on my Dad's side. So rolling the R in Tarja isn't hard. The hard part is getting the emphasis and inflection (I think those are the right terms) just right and consistent each time.

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:48 pm

I forgot to introduce myself o.O

I am Dafni, I'm 16 years old and I am from Greece...so like Simona I find it funny when people can't roll the R in Tarja's name and call her Tarha Twisted Evil xD
I discovered Tarja in 2010 thanks to a friend but unfortunately I didn't knew she was coming to Greece that year :/ but I saw her live last year and I don't feel so bad about it anymore:)
Back to top Go down
scarlet-empress

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:50 pm

Hi, everyone!

I'm scarlet-empress but my name is Rhea. I'm 22, live in West Virginia in the U.S. and got my username from a film called The Scarlet Empress with German-born American actress Marlene Dietrich (shush, I have this obsession and always have with classic film and old Hollywood, lol). At the moment I work in a deli/bakery but was formerly a veterinary technician, which I had went to school for, for four years, though, I plan to return to university next Spring to get my degree to become a social worker. I've been a fan of Tarja's for many years now although I can't remember how I "found" her or when exactly. I love animals and have five cats at the moment - Fang, Binx, K.K., Kiya and Baby (a.k.a. Squirrel or Baby Squirrel). In my spare time I like to read, write, visit antique/vintage/retro/thrift shops and collect taxidermy and osteology items as well as records. Besides Tarja I enjoy most other musicians/entertainers and genres of music sans anything too terribly religious since I am not although I do have a fascination with Theology in general as well as Symbology. I am a Manic Depressive (or in "modern" terms I suffer from Bipolar Disorder type 1, rapid cycling) as well as social anxiety, EDNOS, insomnia and self harm and addictive tendencies. I was also diagnosed with mild PTSD as a result of childhood trauma. I have good days and bad but so does everyone. c: I was a member of the previous Winter Storm USA forum years ago but was, at the time, dealing with some personal problems and eventually lost in touch with not only the forum itself but everyone else as well. Hope I can reconnect with the forum and get to know you all better! Also, sorry for such a long introduction but I always tend to ramble, lol.

Last edited by scarlet-empress on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://scarlet-empress.tumblr.com/
liabansheescry

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:25 am

Welcome, Rhea!
Hey, I love cats too I love you

I don't know much about these diseases and problems, but I hope everything be alright with you. When you need to talk, just call!

The more I show, the less they know.
Back to top Go down
http://tarja-nw-collection.tumblr.com/
AnneLumi

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:46 am

Welcome all! Smile

Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/littlelies_wot
Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:16 am

Welcome Rhea! Who doesn't like cats? Razz I can understand you completely considering I was diagnosed with anxiety, panic disorder, borderline personality disorder, bipolar and depression. There is also the possibility of tourettes (I have random tics and such), I am just all kinds of screwed up! Razz

*Signature made by me*

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:20 am

Welcome to the forums all I have not welcomed. Smile We hope you enjoy your time here.
Back to top Go down
tarjatarjes

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:31 pm

Hi guys Very Happy My name is Jessica, i'm brazilian and i'm 19 years old
I listen to a looot of different bands, nowadays i'm more into experimental and avant-garde music. But of course i still love Metal.
I like to paint canvas/walls in my free times. I play violin and i sing classical music. I'd love to make part of a band, but, while i don't do it i keep my project with unknown people from the net.

Tarja's music makes me dream more and i feel an inexplicable happines when i listen to her songs. My dream is to meet her someday <3
Back to top Go down
liabansheescry

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:14 pm

Hi, Jessica!
Another Brazilian, yaaaay cheers

Be welcome, dear!

Hey, I'm a singer too, and Tarja makes me feel the same way I love you

The more I show, the less they know.
Back to top Go down
http://tarja-nw-collection.tumblr.com/
AnneLumi

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:47 am

Welcome Jessica! Smile

Back to top Go down
Nini Gvaladze

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:00 am

Hi hi hi Razz

well , I'm from Georgia , Tbilisi . I've been listening Tarja since 2006 when I first saw "End of an era" Smile))  

Two years ago I founded a Georgian fan club of Tarja via facebook , so I'm the administrator Cool 

Now we are working hard to become an official Winter Storm Georgia , I hope everything goes well ...

If something , I'll let you know Smile
Back to top Go down
http://tarjageorgia.webstarts.com/
Simona Mihalca

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:05 pm

I have to say that I love your page. you're awesome
Back to top Go down
Nini Gvaladze

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:55 pm

Wow , it's so nice to read it  WinkWink
Back to top Go down
Morrigan

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:24 pm

you are the one who has wsGeorgia?? very nice page!! Wink and welcome to the forum!!
Back to top Go down
AnneLumi

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:25 pm

Welcome, Nini Gvaladze Smile

Back to top Go down
Nini Gvaladze

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:26 pm

Thank you very much Smile

Nice to hear that people know about my page
Back to top Go down
Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:59 pm

Welcome Jessica and Nini! Tarja Turunen Georgia is a very lovely page indeed. Smile

*Signature made by me*

Back to top Go down
Nini Gvaladze

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:27 am

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Dragon Queen

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:47 pm

My name is Cristina, I am 16 and I am from Romania. I discovered Tarja at the end of 2009 and I swear it was the best thing that could ever happen in my life Razz  First of all, I want to apologize for my crappy english skills...but considering that I am learning something new everyday, soon I will be able to speak english like a native speaker. Haha just kidding Laughing Nah, not really. But I am making progress everyday cheers  My hobbies are listening to music, drawing (sometimes I can waste several hours trying to draw something relatively simple but I enjoy it lol), and playing video games. 

Hmmm...what else can I say about me? I am usually a very quiet person but I can become very noisy when I am stressed monkey  I am a loner. I like spending my time alone, playing games. I think that's all scratch 

P.S. This is a really nice and interesting forum I love you
Back to top Go down
Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:05 pm

Welcome Cristina. Your English is actually very good considering it is not your native language. I almost couldn't tell it wasn't. haha

I am a loner too and nothing wrong with that. I don't like being around people, at all. I am also very quiet, but get noisy when I am really hyper. XD

*Signature made by me*

Back to top Go down
Morrigan

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:11 pm

Welcome Cristina cheers it's nice to see there are other 16-year-old loners around the world and I'm not the only one Razz 

you really call that crappy English skills? wait until you see me.. xD your english is very good Wink
Back to top Go down
Dragon Queen

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:16 pm

Thank you for your warm welcome I love you  I have to agree that there aren't many 16-years-old teenagers listening to this kind of music. My class mates find it boring. I am ok with that, but I can't stand their impolite behaviour. Some of them like to say bad things about Tarja (because they know how much I love her) and when I hear such things I always tell them that the Third World War is gonna start soon Laughing Even a few days ago, one of my friends (if I can call her like this Crying or Very sad ) said that Tarja is ugly and she is not hot at all. I was like 'I'm gonna kill you, bitch' lol!  I have one rule in life: You respect Tarja, we have no problems. You disrespect Tarja, I will kill you lol
Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next