Interview With Tarja

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jessica

PostSubject: Interview With Tarja   Mon May 06, 2013 7:55 pm

Interviewed by Jessica Clingempeel +Fans
12/2/2011
Official Link

Joshua Negron: When will you do a full North American Tour?
I would love to. Unfortunately there are two ways to make a tour: Selling enough tickets to make it happen or having a record company to pay for the expenses. I know we could play in some cities like New York, Chicago and LA, but the promoters are not interested to do just few shows to start with.
Since MWS came out I had tried to get a proper promotion performing in radios and doing signing sessions, but until today, that has not been possible. I wish to make it happen for the next release.

Amber Bailey: If you could pick one word to describe yourself, what is it and why?
Passion.

Debra Holden: Who were some of your musical influences? Who do you admire as a singer? Who are some of your favorite metal bands?
Some influences that are coming to my mind at the moment: Craig Armstrong, Peter Gabriel, Ann Sofie von Otter, Tori Amos, Queen. As singers I admired Whitney Houston’s first albums, Peter Gabriel, Renée Fleming.

My favorite metal bands are Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed, In Flames, Alice in Chains.

Ива Мерджева: When someone offends you what thoughts are passing through your mind and do you feel fan's support when you are in a difficult time?
It depends how they offend me. It’s not happening every day Of course my fans are the vital force behind me and their support is huge. When I doubt myself, just a thought about my dear fans can make me feel better immediately.

Ива Мерджева: When on the road, what do you hate the most?
The fact that I cannot sleep well enough in the night liner. The first week is always difficult.

Ива Мерджева: Do you like to draw? If so, would you ever share some of drawings with your fans?
I am really bad in drawing, I see myself painting one day. I prefer taking photos.

Jessica Clingempeel: Rivers of Lust really hit me as I know several people, including myself, that have went through child abuse/molestation? Did you ever experience any as a child? If not, what was your inspiration for the song?
I am sorry to hear that. I haven’t had such experiences myself. I know that there are many people, women and men that suffered as kids such horrible things. But it was a subject that I wanted to write about and when I had the music of Rivers of Lust composed, it took me there. Usually I hear what the music has to say then I write the lyrics about it.

Jessica Clingempeel: Would you ever consider using any of your fan's lyrics or poems as a song on your album?
I don’t think so, but it could be a nice idea for a special project one day.

Héctor Gómez: How do you feel about people calling you "the diva of metal"?
In classical music “Diva” means only a good thing. Some stupid people might have misused the word.

Ann G.: How do you view Domestic Abuse and do you know anyone going through it?
It’s not acceptable. The abuser has no excuses and the abused one should be strong enough to get away from that situation. Nothing could be worse than staying in it.

Jody Clingempeel: Are you always happy with and love what you do?
I breathe my music and singing is my way of life. Everything I do has something to do with the fact that I am a singer. Sometimes I have not been able to sing as well as I have wanted, but still I am happy to be able to sing. It is a gift, but without hard work it would be thrown away.

Jessica Clingempeel: What would you name you kid(s)?
A name that can be pronounced well enough both in Spanish and Finnish.

*Signature made by me*

Last edited by Jessica on Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interview With Tarja   Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:17 am

I never knew you did more than one interview with Tarja. Nice!
Back to top Go down
Simona Mihalca

PostSubject: Re: Interview With Tarja   Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:25 pm

I still have to take a formal interview of Tarja Smile) Press conference is good enough for my soul but not for my ego
Back to top Go down

Interview With Tarja
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1