Please login or register! Smile

HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Reply to topic
Share | 

Within Temptation "The Heart of Everything"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jessica

PostSubject: Within Temptation "The Heart of Everything"   Tue May 07, 2013 5:47 am

Reviewed by Jessica Clingempeel

Within Temptation back again with their newest album the Heart of Everything and this album is fantastic. I like how the album maintains a constant heavy sound, but the album has a wide variety of feelings. What do I mean, simply put, the songs are heavy but the moods are different from song to song. You have your awesome aggressive songs but the album has others that have a more solemn feeling to them. The album flows well and you really get a feel for the time and care put into every song. Sharon's vocals are as good as ever and I really think her voice helps convey the emotions of every song. The instrumental parts all fit well together from guitars to drums. I honestly have to say I have no complaints about the album and can hardly wait for their next release. Also, they have released a new dvd after the album, it is well worth your money with of course a live show and you really get an inside look of all the members of Within Temptation. Great cd and great dvd, what else is there to say?

Overall Rating: 5/5

*Signature made by me*

Back to top Go down
beekay
Reviewer

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation "The Heart of Everything"   Tue May 07, 2013 7:14 pm

I like this one too. Excellent album to showcase for Black Symphony concert. Part of the excellence of Black Symphony is that they had such great material to play.

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation "The Heart of Everything"   Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:53 am

Great album, great band, great review. I hope their new one sounds good and much better than The Unforgiving.
Back to top Go down
beekay
Reviewer

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation "The Heart of Everything"   Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:09 pm

The Unforgiving was the first album of theirs I ever bought. Got an email from Amazon advertising what was new to pre-order in metal in April of 2011 (I know 'cause I still have the email). Checked out a promo on YouTube for 'Faster' and decided to pre-order it. Even so I wasn't sure about it until it arrived in the mail. I was brand new to the sub-genre of Symphonic Metal. Took me a little while to get used to the whole production and differing sounds and arrangements. It wasn't after I discovered Tarja a little less than a year later that I went back to it with a new appreciation for the music. I have all their albums including their first (which is closer to Gothic Metal style of Theatre of Tragedy and Tristania than symphonic). I have to say since it was the first The Unforgiving is my favourite.  

Oh yeah. I also pre-ordered another bands album in the same order. Took me about a year to really get into them to. Oh the band and album? Amon Amarth Surtur Rising. I got all their albums now too.

Within Temptation "The Heart of Everything"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1