Reply to topic
Share | 

Sirenia - "The 13th Floor"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jessica

PostSubject: Sirenia - "The 13th Floor"   Tue May 07, 2013 5:34 am

Review by Jessica Clingempeel

When I started to review this album the first thing that struck me was the lead vocals. I heard her voice and I was thinking how is this going to work with all the heavy instruments? Answer? Fantastic, all my thoughts of her voice not being able to stand out against the guitars and the bass drum rolls were not true. The 13th Floor was a great example of all the parts of a song coming together and work as one. The instruments never overpowered the vocalists and the vocals fit the style of music well. I also like how the growling was not excessive in the album. I personally like growling in an album, but sometimes I feel that it is over used. This was not the case with this album. Also, a big plus was the album never got boring. I really liked, and you will have to excuse the lack of a proper term here, the background male vocals very much like Gregorian. Sirenia's, 'The 13th Floor', is a great album so try it, you will be glad you did.

Overall Rating: 3.5/5

*Signature made by me*

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sirenia - "The 13th Floor"   Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:19 am

I have been trying to get customed to her voice but it does nothing for me. their music is good I have always been a fan and she is talented no doubt but not for this band or this music
Back to top Go down

Sirenia - "The 13th Floor"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1