Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jessica

PostSubject: Introduce Yourself   Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:29 pm

Let us know who you are. Smile
Back to top Go down
AnneLumi

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Thu May 09, 2013 1:40 pm

Firstly, sorry for my English, because I know this language on the middle level yet. I'm Anya I was born and live in Ukraine. I studing foreign languages such as English, Finnish and German. I'm Tarja's fan since 2009 and metal fan from around 8 years old. I play in World of Tanks game and take interest in tanks of Second World War. Sometimes, I draw in Photoshop. I'm blog editor of Winter Storm Russia and admin in my own fan club TarjaUA.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/littlelies_wot
Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Thu May 09, 2013 6:38 pm

Welcome to the forum. No need to apologize for not knowing English well. It is not your first language and hell, there are people whose first language IS English and they cannot speak it properly. XD

I am interested in WW2 myself. I also love studying foreign language when I have the time. I want to be fluent in Finnish and Russian. Smile

Enjoy!

*Signature made by me*

Back to top Go down
EuphoricThunder

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Thu May 09, 2013 9:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Firstly, sorry for my English, because I know this language on the middle level yet. I'm Anya I was born and live in Ukraine. I studing foreign languages such as English, Finnish and German. I'm Tarja's fan since 2009 and metal fan from around 8 years old. I play in World of Tanks game and take interest in tanks of Second World War. Sometimes, I draw in Photoshop. I'm blog editor of Winter Storm Russia and admin in my own fan club TarjaUA.

Hello there and Welcome,its good to have more Members Signin up here Smile

I too Love Language and Culture,and also suck at English,even though its my Native,haha,at least I only tend to suck at spellin sometimes,speaking wise I do not haha

And I to Love and Do Graphics Art,I was grown up on Classical and later in middle school grew up from there on into Metal,though Ido like many things but I do not like Country and Rap (though I uses to like some of it back in the day but not now lol)

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Fri May 10, 2013 6:08 am

Thanks, I'm glad to be here Smile
Ukraine and Russia have people who really bad speak the native language too. By the way, many people suppose that Ukrainians think on Ukrainian but if we're talking about the eastern part it is not true. As for me, I think on the Russian. Ukrainian language is only on the documents.
Daenerys, if you want to speak Russian I can help with a practice Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Fri May 10, 2013 6:11 am

Really? Smile Sounds good to me and call me Jess. ^_^

*Signature made by me*

Back to top Go down
AnneLumi

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Fri May 10, 2013 6:53 am

Okay, Jess, I can translate many terms from English to Russian and show you where you make a mistake in talk in Russian Smile Write me PM if you will need my help

Back to top Go down
beekay
Reviewer

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sat May 11, 2013 10:50 am

My goofy posting name is beekay, but my real one is Brian.

I didn't discover ♫ ♥ Tarja ♥ ♫ until January 20th 2012. That's a story I'll tell another day. It was rather epic. Needless to say I'm a new comer to the Symphonic Metal Sub-Genre of Metal and I am now a fan of many bands, but ♫ ♥ Tarja ♥ ♫ will always be #1 with me. I've always been into hard rock and metal since I was a teenager in....er, the late 70s. I also like an artist or two in particular in genres I generally don't like as a rule (ie. Diana Krall--jazz; Gordon Lightfoot--folk etc.). I also like Classical Music, too, including Jean Sibelius, Beethoven, and Tchaikovsky.

I like sports. I'm too old to play them anymore. Body is just too beat up...too many surgeries. However, I like to watch: Hockey, Football (American, Canadian and Australian Rules), Baseball, Soccer and Basketball.

I like to read. Fantasy Literature is my favourite. Authors, such as, Glen Cook, Stephen Donaldson, L. E. Modesitt, jr., Steven Erikson & Ian C. Esslemont, George R. R. Martin and Tolkien are some of what makes up my private library. Sci-Fi classics from Isaac Asimov, Arthur C. Clark and Alan Dean Foster, are there too.

I also like to read History and War History. The majority of my library is comprised of books pertaining to World War II. Although I have accumulated over the years some knowledge of all the theatres of operation, my main focus is the Canadian military history during the war, the North Africa theatre and the Eastern Front. I too, like AnneLumi above, am fascinated with armoured warfare.

Reviewer

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sat May 11, 2013 10:51 am

AnneLumi: have you looked up the 'world war 2' group on Facebook? We are just a bunch of regular folks from all over the world who post whatever they can find on the war and sometimes we can get some lively discussions, too. Either way it is for anyone interested in the war. In the search box, type it in exactly the way I have it above....we have 2,373 members as I type this....so check it out to see if you wish to join in too.....
Back to top Go down
http://novelhomedecor.com
Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sat May 11, 2013 8:25 pm

Welcome Brian! lol ^_^

*Signature made by me*

Back to top Go down
AnneLumi

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sun May 12, 2013 5:13 am

Brian, welcome! Which books about the Second World War you was read?
I read now "The first T-34" by Andrey Ulanov and Dmitry Shein, there are autograph from one of World of Tanks developers Sergey Burkatovsky which I took in the presentation of this book in my town.

Back to top Go down
beekay
Reviewer

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sun May 12, 2013 2:24 pm

Cool! The legendary T-34! What a surprise the Wehrmacht had when they came up against them for the first time in 'Great Patriotic War'.

I've read too many books about WWII to list here. It would take quite a while to type them all out...lol. I plan to upload to my Facebook Photos section pictures of the WWII collection that I have in my personal library in about a couple of weeks. I'll let you know when I'm done and if you are curious you can take a look. I once lived in a city with two universities (University of Waterloo and Wilfred Laurier University) and both allowed local residents to borrow books, which I did. So I've read more than I have and I haven't quite read all the ones I have...yet. I also have hundreds of hours of documentary videos on WWII, most of which I've watched.

It is a blessing and a curse to have lived long enough to amass a collection of this type, but it takes up space and sometimes I lose track of what have and haven't read or watched.....lol.

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sun May 12, 2013 5:21 pm

I made a topic about books for you two. Razz

*Signature made by me*

Back to top Go down
cedenoe

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Mon May 13, 2013 8:45 am

Hi, my name is Enrique and was born in Cuba and lived in Europe for 12 years. I am a long time fan of Tarja and I am a big fan of music on vinyl and movies. I built my own 9 foot wide home theatre screen where I enjoy movies and concerts.
Back to top Go down
Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Mon May 13, 2013 9:57 am

Welcome Enrique. That is really awesome that you built a theater screen. Smile

*Signature made by me*

Back to top Go down
AnneLumi

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Mon May 13, 2013 2:08 pm

Wehrmacht was surprised by soviet tanks! I really proud of our grandfathers for what a miracle they created. By the way, T-34 was developed in Kharkov where I live.
Can I make a thread about the Great Patriotic War or we can continue our talk in the thread about books?Very Happy

Back to top Go down
AnneLumi

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Mon May 13, 2013 4:12 pm

Nice to meet you, Enrique Smile

Back to top Go down
Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Mon May 13, 2013 8:37 pm

I don't mind Anne, make whatever kind of thread you want. Smile

*Signature made by me*

Back to top Go down
Midieval1

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself.   Sun May 19, 2013 1:51 pm

Daenerys wrote:
Let us know who you are. Smile
My username is Midieval1 but I go by Charlie and my given name is Charles. I am a certified Auto Tech. My interests at the moment include audiophile music systems and designing, building and programming my own computer systems. I have been interested in music since I was a teenager. I was a bassist in a band in high school and still have a guitar and practice amp. I hope someday to have enough money to collect some of my favorite vintage basses. I first heard Tarja when she was with Nightwish and have several of their dvds and cds. I now also have some of Tarja's dvds and cds and am looking forward to listening to some of the new music I understand she is now recording. I hope someday she will read one of my comments that I have yet to post. I wish all of you well and hope Tarja keeps singing forever.
Back to top Go down
Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sun May 19, 2013 8:41 pm

Welcome Charlie. Tarja's album is done being recorded and will be released in August. This album is said to be very dark and some said very difficult to listen to. Those who went to the pre-listening.

I wanted to learn guitar at one point in my life and even had one, but I never did take the time to learn. Same thing went with piano. I have a keyboard I never use. :/ One day I will practice I'm sure.

*Signature made by me*

Back to top Go down
Skaploony

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Fri May 31, 2013 7:43 pm

Well, might as well introduce myself. Hi, I'm Steve and I'm a Tarjaholic.
"Hiiiii, Steeeeeve."
I only got into Nightwish a couple years ago, and liked Tarja so much to check out her solo work. She was an instant favorite, but I decided I'd give it a year of listening to her before making her my absolute favorite, just to be fair. That year has passed, and she pretty much now IS my favorite. I still love NW, and hold no ill feelings toward anyone after the open letter. I also refuse to take part in the ridiculous Tarja/Annette/Floor flame war. .....But I still prefer Tarja Razz

About me? I recently received my BFA in Digital Art and Animation, and one day would like to get into the gaming industry, though unstable as it currently may be. I also play piano just for by-ear, solely for fun, and don't use sheets. I go by "FountainKeeper" on YouTube, and I've just made my 100th piano vid after a year-and-a-half-long hiatus. The next vid I have planned will be one of Tarja's. And no, it won't take a year and a half to get to Laughing

Vid 100: Blind Guardian - Sacred Worlds - Piano Duet

http://www.skaploony.blogspot.com
Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:08 am

Welcome to the fanclub Steve! cheers Congrats on receiving you BFA! I will take a look at your youtube soon. Smile I always wanted to learn piano, but was too lazy to take the time out to practice. I still have a keyboard though so I can always still learn. Razz

*Signature made by me*

Back to top Go down
liabansheescry

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:49 am

Hi! I'm Lia, from Brazil. I'm a big fan of Tarja, for long years. I love you I love music, colours, draw... And I don't know what else I can talk about myself Sad

The more I show, the less they know.
Back to top Go down
http://tarja-nw-collection.tumblr.com/
Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:29 pm

Welcome to the fanclub Lia!

*Signature made by me*

Back to top Go down
liabansheescry

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:52 pm

Thank you, dear! Wink
Back to top Go down